By January 2023, the Social Security Administration will have paid over 71 million People. Owing to the monumental nature of distributing so many payments, the agency distributes when they are issued depending on the recipient’s date of birth, kind of benefit, and first name. Enroll in Social Security Payment.
As a result, certain recipients frequently get more than one payment in a calendar month. In 2023, March will be one of those months, along with June, September, and December. Another set of recipients will always get double payments since they are eligible for both Social Security and Supplemental Security Income.
Who qualifies for a double Social Security payment in March 2023?
Those who receive both Social Security Payment and Supplemental Income Assistance receive two payments every month, as previously stated. The agency sends one on the first of the month for Supplemental Income Assistance and one on the third for Social Security.
If the first of the month falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or Federal Holiday, the payment date is pushed forward to the next working day. When the beginning of the month comes on a Saturday in April, the payment is shifted ahead to the Friday before, March 31. The first payment of 2024 will be made on January 1, 2024, which is a Monday, therefore it will be made on Friday, December 29, 2023.
Anyone receiving Supplemental Income Assistance will get a double payment in March. Beneficiaries who also get Social Security income will receive three installments in March.
What is the amount of Social Security payments in March 2023?
The Social Security Administration provides Social Security Payment to retirees, disabled employees, and their survivors. The amount received by each recipient is determined by a number of criteria, including when the worker began claiming Social Security and their Main Insurance Amount, among others. According to official data, the average monthly Social Security payout in January 2023 was $1,961 for all types of payments.
Supplementary Support Income is primarily focused at disabled individuals and children with income and resources below specified limits. Assistance is also provided for persons aged 65 and up whose financial means fall below the eligibility limits.
As of January 2023, the average payout for all Supplemental Assistance Income recipients was $677. In 2023, the maximum sum was raised to $914 for individuals and $1,371 for couples.
When will you get my March Social Security check 2023?
Here’s the March schedule (PDF) for when you should receive your Social Security check and/or SSI money:
- March 1st: March SSI payments.
- March 3: Social Security payments to those who receive both SSI and Social Security or have received Social Security since before May 1997.
- March 8: Social Security payments for those with birthdays falling between the first and the 10th of any given month;
- March 15: Social Security payments to those with birthdays falling between the 11th and 20th of any given month.
- March 22: Social Security payments to those with birthdays falling between the 21st and 31st of any given month.
- March 31: April SSI payment.
How are Social Security Payment dates determined?
The Social Security Administration usually sends out Social Security Payment on the second, third and fourth Wednesdays of each month. Which day you will get your check depends on your date of birth.
- If your birthday falls between the 1st and the 10th of the month, your payment will be sent out on the second Wednesday of the month.
- If your birthday falls between 11th and 20th of the month, your payment will be sent out on the third Wednesday of the month.
- If your birthday falls between 21st and 31st of the month, your payment will be sent out on the fourth Wednesday of the month.
- Payments for SSI recipients usually arrive on the first of each month.
If you haven’t received it yet, you can speak with a representative at 800-772-1213. (The SSA notes that waiting times are shorter Wednesday through Friday and between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. on weekday afternoons.)
Original Article: Social Security double payment in March