For domestic workers, Saudi Arabia has instituted stricter regulations for issuing New Work Visa Rules. Foreign employers must be at least 24 years old as one requirement. The Musaned is a recruitment platform the Ministry of Human Resources created to improve the domestic labor market. Customers can learn about their rights, responsibilities, and related services from The Musaned.
Saudi Arabia’s New Work Visa Rules 2024
As per these new guidelines, Saudi residents, unfamiliar spouses of Saudi men, their moms, and holders of Saudi premium licenses can apply for visas to select homegrown work abroad. These guidelines were carried out to control the homegrown work market. Through digital platforms like the STC pay and Urpay apps, the Musaned platform makes wage transfer simpler.
Eligibility Criteria for Applicants Utilizing the Musaned Platform
It also provides other services like validating domestic labor contracts, transferring a house worker’s service between employers, and settling disputes. These regulations cover many domestic workers, including tailors, housemaids, cleaners, and cooks. They also cover housekeepers, drivers, guards, live-in nurses, tutors, farmers, and nannies.
Saudi Arabia Reduces Validity of New Work Visa Rules to One Year
The Ministry of Labor and Social Development (MLSD) of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has reduced the work visa validity for private-sector businesses from two years to one year. The Minister of Labor and Social Development, Dr. Ali Al-Ghafis, issued an order stating that this would not apply to visas for domestic workers and government services.
According to reports, the decision was made based on Labor Law’s Article 11, which gives the minister authority to take actions that are deemed necessary for improving the efficiency of the job market. The Saudi Press Agency reported that the ministry had begun putting the minister’s decision into action. The minister issued a second order on October 22 allowing both foreign mothers of Saudi nationals and foreign children of Saudi nationals to work in previously restricted occupations.
How to apply for a UAE work visa?
You must first get a job before you can get a work permit to work in the UAE. Your work permit is sponsored by your employer. You are permitted entry into the country with this two-month work permit.
The sponsoring employer will assist you in completing the formalities for medical testing once you enter the UAE on this work permit, getting your UAE Resident Identity (Emirates ID) Card, Labor Card, and work residency permit stamped on your passport within 60 days.
Eligibility conditions as per New Work Visa Rules
Before you get your work permit, there are certain eligibility requirements that you and your employer must fulfill. These include:
- You must be 18 years or older
- Your employer’s company license must be valid
- Your employer must not have committed any breaches
- The job you do must be in line with the nature of the business of your employer
Apart from this, foreign workers are divided into three categories based on their qualifications or skills:
- Category 1: those with a bachelor’s degree
- Category 2: those with a post-secondary diploma in any field
- Category 3: those with a high school diploma
Documents required for UAE work permit as per New Work Visa Rules
- Your original passport and its copy
- Your passport-size picture, in line with UAE requirements
- Authorization document of your qualifications by the UAE Embassy or consulate in your country as well as from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of your country.
- Medical certificate, issued by a government-approved health center in the UAE.
- Commercial license or the company card of the company that is hiring you